Sa Pa Stone Church, built in 1895, is the hallmark of the most ancient French architecture left in Sa Pa, Lao Cai.
Sa Pa church is located in a favorable location with the back Ham Rong shielded, in front of the large, flat land, where the colorful festivals of the mountain town.
The church at the center of Sa Pa town, standing on four sides can see the monument, along with two other architectural buildings built by the French House Bridge (now the hotel Hoang Lien) and the old district committee (now the headquarters of Lao Cai Tourism Information Center) to form a symmetrical triangular structure with separate French style.
The structure and architecture of the church were built according to the Roman Gotic. The architecture shown in the roof, bell tower, arch ... are the pyramid shape for the construction of the bay to escape.
Stained glass windows depicts the life of the Lord.
The church consists of 7 large rooms of over 500 m2, the bell tower is 20 meters high, in the tower has a bell height of 1.5 meters, cast in 1932, weighs 500 kg, resonates within a radius of nearly one kilometer.
In May 2006, Sa Pa Parish officially became a permanent and permanent parish priest after nearly 60 years without parish priest. The church has been embellished and preserved, becoming an indispensable image when referring to the marshy Sapa.